Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
ANACREONTIC Antediluvian Ball-room beautiful Book Bourbon Chamber brogue C—NN—NG Catholic chalk Chancellor crown Cuckoo Curacoa delight Derry dinner dish doggerel drams dream dress Epigram Epistle ev'n expeditis feather Fete fragments gentle Grand H—RTF—D half hand heart Hither Horace hour House Hydaspes Idols INTERCEPTED LETTERS Irish Ispahan Jack and Jill King Crack lately learn'd LETTER VII London look Lordship Lover Methought Ministers Mohassan Morning Post Muse muzzle neque never night Nutmeg o'er once OVID Papa papers Papists Ponies Pope Princes Quarto R—se Right Rome Romulus Sc—tt sent Shiite side snaffle soon soul Speech spittle SQUINTING POETESS ST—PH—N Statesmen Sunnites sweet t'other Tailor thee there's things thou thought Tools Tradesmen's Bills TRANSLATED travell'd twas twill Twopenny Twould Walcheren whate'er whiskers worship wreaths Y—rm—th young Your's
65. oldal - Because it is a slender thing of wood, That up and down its awkward arm doth sway, And coolly spout and spout and spout away, In one weak, washy, everlasting flood ! EPIGRAM.
35. oldal - Having quitted the Borders, to seek new renown, Is coming, by long Quarto stages, to Town ; And beginning with ROKEBY (the job's sure to pay) Means to do all the Gentlemen's Seats on the way. Now, the Scheme is (though none of our hackneys can beat him) To start a fresh Poet through Highgate to meet him ; Who, by means of quick proofs — no revises — long coaches — May do a few Villas, before Sc — TT approaches — Indeed, ifour Pegasus be not curst shabby, He'll reach, without found'ring,...
78. oldal - JACK and Jill went up the hill, To fetch a pail of water; Jack fell down and broke his crown And Jill came tumbling after.
49. oldal - House had long settled the question, I thought it but decent, between me and you, That the two other Houses should settle it too. I need not remind you how cursedly bad Our affairs were all looking, when father went mad ; A strait waistcoat on him, and restrictions on me, A more limited monarchy could not well be.
35. oldal - Scott, you must know, (Who, we're sorry to say it, now works for the Row\ Having quitted the borders, to seek new renown, Is coming, by long quarto stages, to town ; And beginning with Rokeby (the job's sure to pay) Means to do all the gentlemen's seats on the way. Now, the scheme is (though none of...