An Illustration of the Doctrines of the Christian Religion: With Respect to Faith and Practice, Upon the Plan of the Assembly's Shorter Catechism. Comprehending a Complete Body of Divinity. Now First Published from the Manuscripts of ... Thomas Boston, ... In Three Volumes. ...
John Reid. Sold by W. Darling, and the said J. Reid; W. Gray; and R. Inglis, Edinburgh; by J. Bryce, Glasgow; and W. Pherson, Berwick, 1773
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Acts againſt alſo bear becauſe believe blood body bread bring caſe cauſe Chriſt church coming command concerning conſider corrupt covenant death deſire duty earth eternal evil eyes facrament faith fall Father feed firſt foul give given glory God's goſpel grace guilty hand head hear heart heaven himſelf holy honour Jeſus John keep King kingdom Laſtly lies light live look Lord Lord's lufts Luke lying manner matter Matth means mind moſt muſt nature neighbour never ourſelves perfect perſon Pfal pray prayer promiſe Prov providence receive reckoned religion reſpect ruin ſay ſee ſet ſhall ſhould ſin ſome ſoul ſpeak Spirit ſuch temptation thee themſelves theſe things thoſe thou tion tongue truth turn unto uſe whole word wrath
379. oldal - Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
175. oldal - Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: and rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.
239. oldal - For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly ; neither is that circumcision which is outward in the flesh : but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly ; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter ; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
362. oldal - Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the Cross of Christ: whose; end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things...
219. oldal - I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance; but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire; whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.
167. oldal - But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; even the righteousness of God, which is by faith of Jesus Christ, unto all, and upon all them that believe. For there is no difference...
332. oldal - The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.
320. oldal - My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
78. oldal - But love ye .your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again ; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest : for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.