Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Moses Right, and Bishop Colenso Wrong: Being Popular Lectures in Reply to ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
able Abraham according actual ancient answer appears Assyria beautiful believe Bible Bishop Colenso Bishop of Natal blessed blood called carry chapter Christ Christian conclusion contained deceived Deluge difficulties doubt earth Egypt Egyptians evidence existence Exodus fact faith feet Flood Genesis geology give given hand heart heaven Hebrew historic inspired Israel Israelites Jesus Joseph king lamb land language light living look Lord means monuments Moses nature never night Noah notice objections pass passage passover Pentateuch person Pharaoh present probably proof prophets prove quoted reason record referred remains remarkable rise rocks Saviour says Scripture seems seen sons speak stones suppose teach thee thing thou thousand tion tomb traces true truth turn universal unto verse whole writings written wrote
65. oldal - Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded. But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
108. oldal - Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us : therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness ; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
181. oldal - Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world.
180. oldal - Repent ye, therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you; whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
102. oldal - For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the first-born in the land of Egypt, both man and beast : and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment; I am the LORD.
193. oldal - Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: " For I have five brethren : that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
57. oldal - For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
107. oldal - The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying ; How can this man give us his flesh to eat ? then Jesus said unto them ; Verily, verily, I say unto you ; Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
180. oldal - For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A Prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me ; Him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever He shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul which will not hear that Prophet shall be destroyed from among the people.
13. oldal - Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come ; that Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.