Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
admirable appearance artist attention attitude auld better brought called character clear countenance dress Edinburgh effect evidently existence expression face fair feeling figure fish frae Geikie GEIKIE'S ETCHINGS give hand head heart hope human humour imagination individual interest kind labour less light living look manner master means mind mony nature neighbours never night observed occasion once opinion perhaps person picture pipe plate pleasure poor possession present probably produce purchase regard remained remarkable rest round scene Scotland Scottish seated seems seen short side sketch soon stand step street taken tell thing town true turn wares whole worthy young youth
78. oldal - Perhaps the Christian volume is the theme: How guiltless blood for guilty man was shed; How He Who bore in Heaven the second name Had not on earth whereon to lay His head; How His first followers and servants sped; The precepts sage they wrote to many a land; How he, who lone in' Patmos banished, Saw in the sun a mighty angel stand, And heard great Bab'lon's doom pronounced by Heaven's command. Then kneeling down to Heaven's Eternal King, The saint, the father, and the husband prays; Hope 'springs...
79. oldal - Needy knife-grinder ! whither are you going ? Rough is the road, your wheel is out of order — Bleak blows the blast • — your hat has got a hole in't, So have your breeches ! " Weary knife-grinder ! little think the proud ones Who in their coaches roll along the turnpikeroad, what hard work 'tis crying all day, ' Knives and Scissors to grind O...
79. oldal - Was it the squire, for killing of his game, or Covetous parson, for his tithes distraining ? Or roguish lawyer, made you lose your little All in a lawsuit ? (Have you not read the " Rights of Man," by Tom Paine ?) Drops of compassion tremble on my eyelids, Ready to fall, as soon as you have told your Pitiful story.
52. oldal - Ne'er to these chambers, where the mighty rest, Since their foundation, came a nobler guest, Nor e'er was to the bowers of bliss conveyed A fairer spirit, or more welcome shade. In what new region, to the just assigned, What new employments please th' unbodied mind ? A winged Virtue, through th' ethereal sky, From world to world unwearied does he fly?
63. oldal - O'er a' the ills o' life victorious! But pleasures are like poppies spread: You seize the...
66. oldal - For women, born to be controll'd, Stoop to the forward and the bold, Affect the haughty and the proud, The gay, the frolic, and the loud. Who first the generous steed oppress'd, Not kneeling did salute the beast, But with high courage, life, and force, Approaching, tam'd th