A Brief Account of Prayer, and the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper: And Other Religious Duties Appertaining to the Christian Worship. For the Use of Common Christians. With a Discourse on Speech and the Abuses of It, Delivered on Several Sundays at Gray's-Inn Chapel, and Published at the Request of the Masters of the Bench. To which is Now Added, A Sermon on the New Birth
J. Rivington, bookseller to the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1771 - 132 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Abſolution againſt alſo Amen anſwer Apoſtles appointed aſk becauſe beseech Thee Blessing Blood Bread Buſineſs Caſe Chriſ Chriſtian Church Circumſtances commanded Communion Confeſſion Conſcience conſidered Cuſtom Death Duty eaſy elſe evil Faith falſe Faſting Father Feſtivals firſt forgive give Glory God's Goſpel Grace hast hath Heart Heaven himſelf Inſtances itſelf jeſus Jesus Christ juſt Juſtice juſtified leſs live Lord Lord's Supper Lord's Table Love Mercy Mind moſt muſt Nature neceſſary Neighbour Oath obſerved Occaſions offend otherwiſe ourſelves Pardon Perſon pray Prayer preſent Profeſſion Promiſe publick Worſhip Purpoſe Queſtion Reaſon receive Redeemer Religion Remembrance Repentance reſpect reſt Rubrick Sacrament Sacrifice ſaid Salvation ſame ſaved Saviour ſay Scriptures ſee ſeems Senſe ſerve ſet ſhall ſhew ſhould Sinners Sins ſolemn ſome ſomething Soul ſpeak Spirit ſtand ſuch ſuffered ſuppoſed themſelves theſe Things thoſe thou tion underſtood unto Uſe Virtue whilſt wiſe Word World
78. oldal - Jesus Christ's sake, Forgive us all that is past ; And grant that we may ever hereafter Serve and please thee In newness of life, To the honour and glory of thy Name ; Through Jesus Christ our Lord.
98. oldal - Christ, and through faith in his blood, we and all thy whole church may obtain remission of our sins, and all other benefits of his passion. And here we offer and present unto thee, O Lord, ourselves, our souls and bodies, to be a reasonable, holy, and lively sacrifice unto thee...
102. oldal - GRANT, we beseech thee, Almighty God, that the words which we have heard this day with our outward ears, may through thy grace be so grafted inwardly in our hearts, that they may bring forth in us the fruit of good living, to the honour and praise of thy name, through Jesus Christ our Lord.
91. oldal - Drink ye all of this; for this is my blood of the New Testament, which is shed for you and for many, for the remission of sins; do this, as oft as ye shall drink it, in remembrance of me.
99. oldal - Lord; by Whom, and with Whom, in the unity of the Holy Ghost, all honour and glory be unto Thee, O Father Almighty, world without end. Amen.
79. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, our heavenly Father, who of his great mercy hath promised forgiveness of sins to all them that with hearty repentance and true faith turn unto him ; Have mercy upon you ; pardon and deliver you from all your sins ; confirm and strengthen you in all goodness ; and bring you to everlasting life ; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
59. oldal - And I believe in the Holy Ghost, The Lord and Giver of life, Who proceedeth from the Father and the Son, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, Who spake by the Prophets.
39. oldal - Lord empty : every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which he hath given thee.
86. oldal - Thy most dearly beloved Son Jesus Christ our Lord ; Who after His most glorious resurrection manifestly appeared to all His Apostles, and in their sight ascended up into heaven to prepare a place for us ; that where He is, thither we might also ascend, and reign with Him in glory.