Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admitted appears Balcarres believe Bishop British called Cavendish century Chancellor character Christianity Church claim communion convent Coptic Corn Laws Court discovery doctrine doubt Duke duty Earl England English existence fact faith favour France give hand honour House of Commons Humboldt important infallible judges King labour least less letter Lindsay Lord Brougham Lord Bute Lord Campbell Lord Chatham Lord John Russell Lord Rockingham manuscripts means Memoirs ment mind ministers monks mountain nature never Newman Nootka convention object observations opinion Oregon Question Parliament party passed period phlogiston possession present Priestley principle Queen question readers regiments Reid religion river rocks Roman Rome Royal Russia Scotland Scottish seems Silurian Spain supposed Syriac theory tion truth volumes Walpole Walpole's whole
386. oldal - The days of our age are threescore years and ten; and though men be so strong that they come to fourscore years : | yet is their strength then but labour and sorrow; so soon passeth it away, and we are gone.
248. oldal - O Lord, and heavenly Father, according to the institution of Thy dearly beloved Son our Saviour Jesus Christ, we Thy humble servants do celebrate and make here before Thy Divine Majesty, with these Thy holy gifts which we now offer unto Thee, the memorial Thy Son hath commanded us to make...
412. oldal - JVlohler : viz., that the increase and expansion of the Christian Creed and Ritual, and the variations which have attended the process in the case of individual writers and churches, are the necessary attendants on any philosophy or polity which takes possession of the intellect and heart, and has had any wide or extended dominion ; that, from the nature of the human mind, time is necessary for the full comprehension and perfection of great ideas...
327. oldal - Tis, by comparison, an easy task Earth to despise ; but, to converse with heaven, This is not easy : to relinquish all We have, or hope, of happiness and joy, And stand in freedom loosened from this world, I deem not arduous ; but must needs confess That 'tis a thing impossible to frame Conceptions equal to the soul's desires ; And the most difficult of tasks to keep Heights which the soul...
231. oldal - tis the trading and inferior sort that are for Presbytery : wherefore he bids me tell you, that if you will undertake to serve him to the purpose that he is served here in England, he will take you by the hand, support the Church and Order, and throw off the Presbyterians.
448. oldal - created from the beginning before the world " in God's counsels, and " in Jerusalem was her power" ? The vision is found in the Apocalypse, a Woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.
35. oldal - His friendship and conversation lay much among the good fellows and humourists ; and his delights were accordingly, drinking, laughing, singing, kissing, and all the extravagances of the bottle. He had a set of banterers for the most part, near him ; as in old time great men kept fools to make them merry. And these fellows abusing one another and their betters, were a regale to him.
561. oldal - THE possible destiny of the United States of America, — as a nation of a hundred millions of freemen, — stretching from the Atlantic to the Pacific, living under the laws of Alfred, and speaking the language of Shakspeare and Milton, is an august conception.
453. oldal - Christianity such, that it extends throughout the world, though with varying measures of prominence or prosperity in separate places: — that it lies under the power of sovereigns and magistrates, in different ways alien to its faith ; — that flourishing nations and great empires, professing or tolerating the Christian name, lie over against it as antagonists ; — that schools of philosophy and learning are supporting theories, and following out conclusions, hostile to it, and establishing an...