Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection afraid appeared asked believe Bible blessed brother brought called child Christian church comfort commandments dear death delightful desire died early earth evil eyes faith father fear feel gave girl give given glory grace hand happy hear heard heart heaven Holy hope hour Jesus Christ keep kind knew leave light live look Lord mama Maria means mind months morning mother nature never night once papa parents peace person poor pray prayer promise reached received religion replied round Saviour seek sent shew sinners soon soul speak Spirit suffer sure teacher tell thee things thou thought told took turn unto whole wished wonder young
168. oldal - And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him : for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son, from me.
166. oldal - By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.
220. oldal - And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
221. oldal - Woe unto thee, Chorazin ! woe unto thee, Bethsaida ! for if the mighty works which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
248. oldal - To prayer ; — for the glorious sun is gone, And the gathering darkness of night comes on ; Like a curtain from God's kind hand it flows To shade the couch where his children repose. Then kneel, while the watching stars are bright, And give your last thoughts to the Guardian of night.
213. oldal - Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people of the city was with her. And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.
165. oldal - Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
148. oldal - Where the burning rays of the ruby shine, And the diamond lights up the secret mine, And the pearl gleams forth from the coral strand ? — Is it there, sweet mother, that better land?" — "Not there, not there, my child! "Eye hath not seen it, my gentle boy! Ear hath not heard its deep songs of joy ; Dreams cannot picture a world so fair — Sorrow and death may not enter there : Time doth not breathe on its fadeless bloom, For beyond the clouds, and beyond the tomb, — It is there, it is there,...
221. oldal - And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell : for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.