Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection beauty Behold better blessing body breath bright calm charity child cold count creature dark dead death deep dread dream earth evil face fair faith fame father fear feel flowers gain give glad glory guilt hand happy hate hath hear heart heaven holy honour hope hour kind king knowledge labour leave light live look man's matter mind mystery nature never night o'er once pain passed peace pleasure poor praise prayer pride reason rest rich round scorn secret seek seen shalt smile sorrow soul spirit stand strong sweet tear tell thee thine things thou art thou hast thoughts thousand to-day toil true trust truth turn unto weak wealth wings wisdom wise young youth
20. oldal - Behold, my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high. As many were astonied at thee, (his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men...
20. oldal - Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast Thou seen Abraham?" Jesus said unto them, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am.
330. oldal - Since the latter date my poetic powers have been, till very lately, in a state of suspended animation. But as, in my very first conception of the tale, I had the whole present to my mind with the wholeness no less than with the liveliness of a vision, I trust that I shall be able to embody in verse the three parts yet to come in the course of the present year.
243. oldal - NEVER give up! it is wiser and better Always to hope, than once to despair; Fling off the load of Doubt's cankering fetter, And break the dark spell of tyrannical care: Never give up! or the burden may sink you— Providence kindly has mingled the cup, And in all trials or troubles, bethink you, The watchword of life must be, Never give up!
171. oldal - And he set up the pillars in the porch of the temple : and he set up the right pillar, and called the name thereof Jachin : and he set up the left pillar, and called the name thereof Boaz.
103. oldal - A BABE in a house is a well-spring of pleasure, a messenger of peace and love ; A resting place for innocence on earth ; a link between angels and men...
247. oldal - Yes, yes ; let a man, when his enemy weeps, Be quick to receive him, a friend ; For thus on his head in kindness he heaps Hot coals, — to refine and amend ; And hearts that are Christian more eagerly yearn, As a nurse on her innocent pet, Over lips that, once bitter, to penitence turn, And whisper, Forgive and forget. "MY MIND TO ME A KINGDOM IS...
34. oldal - Thus saith the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel ; Because ye have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts, and done according unto all that he hath commanded you: therefore thus saith the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.