Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
accent according Almighty animal articulation attention beseech body called chiefly Church command common confess considered course deliver delivery desires discourse distinct distinguished earth effects elocution emotions emphasis emphatic equally excite expression Father faults feelings force forgive former give given glory grace grant habit hand hear heard heart Heaven holy ideas important Jesus Christ kind language letters live Lord manner marks masters meaning mercy mind mode nature necessary never notes observed pains pass passions pause perfect persons pitch practice prayers present produced pronounced proper proportion reader reading reason received regard rest rules sense sentence sentiments signs sins sound speaker speaking speech spirit sure syllable thanks thee things thou tion tones true truth unto usual utterance voice whereas whole words
131. oldal - Almighty and most merciful Father : We have erred and strayed from thy ways like lost sheep. We have followed too much the devices and desires of our own hearts. We have offended against thy holy laws. We have left undone those things which we ought to have done ; and we have done those things which we ought not to have done ; and there is no health in us.
175. oldal - Six days shalt thou labour, and do all that thou hast to do, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God. In it thou shalt do no manner of work ; thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, thy man-servant, and thy maid-servant, thy cattle, and the stranger that is within thy gates.
186. oldal - YE that do truly and earnestly repent you of your sins, and are in love and charity with your neighbours, and intend to lead a new life, following the commandments of God, and walking from henceforth in his holy ways ; draw near with faith, and take this Holy Sacrament to your comfort ; and make your humble confession to Almighty God, meekly kneeling upon your knees.
146. oldal - Be ye sure that the' Lord he is God : it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves ; we are his people, and the
183. oldal - Majesty; beseeching thee to inspire continually the universal Church with the spirit of truth, unity, and concord: and grant that all they that do confess thy Holy Name may agree in the truth of thy Holy Word, and live in unity and godly love.
191. oldal - O LORD and heavenly FATHER, we Thy humble servants entirely desire Thy fatherly goodness mercifully to accept this our sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving ; most humbly beseeching Thee to grant, that by the merits and death of Thy SON JESUS CHRIST, and through faith in His blood, we and all Thy whole Church may obtain remission of our sins, and all other benefits of His passion.
141. oldal - O come, let us worship, and fall down : and kneel before the Lord our Maker. For he is the Lord our God : and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.
142. oldal - The glorious company of the Apostles praise thee. The goodly fellowship of the Prophets praise thee. The noble army of Martyrs praise thee. The holy Church, throughout all the world, doth acknowledge thee, The Father, of an infinite Majesty ; Thine adorable, true, and only Son; Also the Holy Ghost, the Comforter.
125. oldal - God; yet ought we most chiefly so to do, when we assemble and meet together to render thanks for the great benefits that we have received at his hands, to set forth his most worthy praise, to hear his most holy Word, and to ask those things which are requisite and necessary, as well for the body as the soul.