« ElőzőTovább »
PUNISHMENT OF DEATH,
BASIL MONTAGU, ESQ.
OF LINCOLNS INN.
PRINTED FOR LONGMAN, HURST, REES, AND ORME,
HARVARD COLLEGE LIBRARY
DEPOSITED BY THE LIBRARY OF THE GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
J. LANCASTER, PRINTER, BOROUGH ROA).
In examining the opinions of different authors upon capital punishments, various questions present themselves to our consideration.
1. Upon what principle is the punishment of death inflicted ?
2. Upon what authority is the punishment of death inflicted ?
3. What are the effects of the punishment of death ?
4. What are the sentiments of eminent men?
5. What are the laws of other countries ?
6. Supposing the punishment of death to be expedient, for what offences ought it to be inflicted ?
7. Supposing the punishment of death not to be expedient, can any, and what remedies, be suggested ?