Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid Admiralty Islands Æschylus Anacreon ancient animal appears attention beautiful Birman cafe carbonic acid character Christian church church of England colour consequence considerable contains dæmon degree Egypt elegant employed endeavours English equal fame favour fays fense former France French frequently gazel Georgics give Great-Britain happy heat honour human idea inhabitants instance interesting island judgement kind labours language less letter lord manner means ment merit mind moral mountains muriatic acid nations nature neral never nitrous acid object observations opinion original oxygen particularly passage perhaps person perusal philosophical poem poet poetry possessed present produced racter reader reason religion remarks respect river salt Scotland seems Socinians species spect spirit sufficient supposed Tangun thing thorough-bass tion translation truth verse virtue volume Wallenstein whole words writer
428. oldal - twas a famous victory. "My father lived at Blenheim then, Yon little stream hard by; They burnt his dwelling to the ground, And he was forced to fly: So with his wife and child he fled, Nor had he where to rest his head. "With fire and sword the country round Was wasted far and wide, And many a...
428. oldal - They say it was a shocking sight After the field was won ; For many thousand bodies here Lay rotting in the sun : But things like that, you know, must be After a famous victory. " Great praise the Duke of Marlbro' won, And our good Prince Eugene." " Why, 'twas a very wicked thing," Said little Wilhelmine. " Nay, nay, my little girl," quoth he,
25. oldal - the doing good to mankind, in obedience to the will of God, and for the sake of everlasting happiness.
310. oldal - Guid faith, he mauna fa' that! For a' that, and a' that, Their dignities, and a' that; The pith o' sense, and pride o' worth, Are higher ranks than a' that. Then let us pray that come it may, As come it will, for a' that, That sense and worth o'er a' the earth, May bear the gree, and a' that. For a
342. oldal - Finally brethren, farewell : be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace ; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
310. oldal - A prince can mak' a belted knight, A marquis, duke, and a' that; But an honest man's aboon his might, Guid faith, he mauna fa' that! For a
428. oldal - With fire and sword the country round Was wasted far and wide, And many a childing mother then, And new-born infant, died. But things like that, you know, must be At every famous victory.
310. oldal - Our toils obscure, and a' that ; The rank is but the guinea's stamp, The man's the gowd for a' that ! What tho' on hamely fare we dine, Wear hoddin gray, and a' that ; Gie fools their silks, and knaves their wine, A man's a man, for a
316. oldal - Creed, and that which is commonly called the Apostles' Creed, ought thoroughly to be received and believed: for they may be proved by most certain warrants of holy Scripture.