Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantage againſt alſo ancient animal appears attention beautiful become body called caſe cauſe character church common conduct conſequence conſidered contains continued effect employed equal examination excellent experiments fact firſt fome former four French frequently give given greater hand head heat himſelf hiſtory hope human idea important inſtance intereſting Italy kind known language laſt learned leſs letter light living lord manner means mind moral moſt mountains muſt nature never notice object obſervations opinion original particularly perhaps period perſon preſent principles probably produced reader reaſon remarks reſpect ſaid ſame ſay ſecond ſee ſeems ſeveral ſhall ſhould ſmall ſome ſpirit ſtate ſtill ſubject ſuch ſuppoſed themſelves theſe thing thoſe tion tranſlation truth uſe various volume whole whoſe writer
426. oldal - twas a famous victory. "My father lived at Blenheim then, Yon little stream hard by; They burnt his dwelling to the ground, And he was forced to fly: So with his wife and child he fled, Nor had he where to rest his head. "With fire and sword the country round Was wasted far and wide, And many a...
426. oldal - They say it was a shocking sight After the field was won ; For many thousand bodies here Lay rotting in the sun : But things like that, you know, must be After a famous victory. " Great praise the Duke of Marlbro' won, And our good Prince Eugene." " Why, 'twas a very wicked thing," Said little Wilhelmine. " Nay, nay, my little girl," quoth he,
25. oldal - the doing good to mankind, in obedience to the will of God, and for the sake of everlasting happiness.
308. oldal - Guid faith, he mauna fa' that! For a' that, and a' that, Their dignities, and a' that; The pith o' sense, and pride o' worth, Are higher ranks than a' that. Then let us pray that come it may, As come it will, for a' that, That sense and worth o'er a' the earth, May bear the gree, and a' that. For a
340. oldal - Finally brethren, farewell : be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace ; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
308. oldal - A prince can mak' a belted knight, A marquis, duke, and a' that; But an honest man's aboon his might, Guid faith, he mauna fa' that! For a
426. oldal - With fire and sword the country round Was wasted far and wide, And many a childing mother then, And new-born infant, died. But things like that, you know, must be At every famous victory.
308. oldal - Our toils obscure, and a' that ; The rank is but the guinea's stamp, The man's the gowd for a' that ! What tho' on hamely fare we dine, Wear hoddin gray, and a' that ; Gie fools their silks, and knaves their wine, A man's a man, for a
314. oldal - Creed, and that which is commonly called the Apostles' Creed, ought thoroughly to be received and believed: for they may be proved by most certain warrants of holy Scripture.