Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ancient Apostles appears Archibald Edmonstone believe Bishop blowpipe Bridgnorth cent character Christian Church of England Church of Rome circumstances Clergy common divine doctrine ecclesiastical Edinburgh Review effect English established faith father favour feeling former friends Gandolphy give Gospel Greek Greek language Harriet Lee honour Hymns interest Ireland Jews John Julian King labours language Latin less Letter Lord Lord Byron manner means ment mind moral nature Negroes never object observed opinion original parish passage Persian person Petrarch poetry Popish possessed present Prince Hohenlohe principles Protestant prove Psalms readers religion religious remarks respect Roman Catholic Romish Royal Sandyford says shew slaves spirit supposed Testament thing tion tithe translator truth Ugo Foscolo volume whole words writers
649. oldal - Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ ; that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind, striving together for the faith of the gospel...
551. oldal - Still seem as to my childhood's sight A midway station given For happy spirits to alight Betwixt the earth and heaven. Can all that optics teach, unfold Thy form to please me so, As when I dreamt of gems and gold Hid in thy radiant bow ? When Science from Creation's face Enchantment's veil withdraws, What lovely visions yield their place To cold material laws.
469. oldal - By thine hour of dire despair, By thine agony of prayer, By the cross, the nail, the thorn, Piercing spear and torturing scorn, By the gloom that veiled the skies O'er the dreadful sacrifice, Listen to our humble cry, Hear our solemn litany.
550. oldal - And falling and brawling and sprawling, And driving and riving and striving, And sprinkling and twinkling and wrinkling, And sounding...
552. oldal - As fresh in yon horizon dark, As young thy beauties seem, As when the eagle from the ark First sported in thy beam. For, faithful to its sacred page, Heaven still rebuilds thy span, Nor lets the type grow pale with age, That first spoke peace to...
667. oldal - Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; not with eye-service, as menpleasers ; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart...
203. oldal - Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.
550. oldal - Striking and raging As if a war waging Its caverns and rocks among ; Rising and leaping, Sinking and creeping, Swelling and sweeping, Showering and springing, Flying and flinging, Writhing and ringing, Eddying and whisking. Spouting and frisking, Turning and twisting, Around and around With endless rebound : Smiting and fighting, A sight to delight in ; Confounding, astounding, Dizzying and deafening the ear with its sound.