Memoirs of Captain James Wilson: Containing an Account of His Enterprises and Sufferings in India, His Conversion to Christianity, His Missionary Voyage to the South Seas, and His Peaceful and Triumphant Death
S.T. Armstrong, and Crocker & Brewster, 1822 - 219 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear attention believe Bencoolen benevolent blessing brethren called Captain James Wilson Captain Sims Captain Wilson cause chiefs Christian church Coleroon conduct conversation Cuddalore dear death Deism Deists Directors divine divine grace doctrine earth Eimeo evidences excited faith father favor feel give Gospel happy Haweis heart heathen holy hope Horndean human Hyder idolatry influence interest islands Jehovah Jesus Christ kcen king Leeward Islands Lord meet ment mercy mind minister misery mission Missionaries Missionary Society morning natives never object observed Otaheite persons pleasure Pomarre Portsea prayer preached predestination present principles prison profession Providence Raiatea reason received religion religious revelation river sailed salvation saved Savior scriptures Seringapatam sermon shew ship sionaries Sir Eyre Sir Eyre Coote Society Islands soul South Sea Spirit sufferings Taheiti tain things thought tion truth vessel voyage Windward Islands word worship zeal
211. oldal - Then shall the earth yield her increase ; And GOD, even our own GOD, shall bless us. GOD shall bless us ; And all the ends of the earth shall fear him.
88. oldal - If ye were of the world, the world would love his own : but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
211. oldal - Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound : they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance. In thy name shall they rejoice all the day : and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted.
198. oldal - For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground : I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring : 4 And they shall spring up as among the grass, as willows by the water courses.
211. oldal - And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
208. oldal - All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, 0 Lord: and shall glorify thy name.
199. oldal - And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and tipon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my Spirit.
205. oldal - Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field. And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.