Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
50 cents admiration afflicted blessing called cause censure cents cerns character charity cheer Chris Christ Christian chuse circumstances conduct conscience danger DAVID HUME death deceive declension divine divine grace dols duty effect elegant enemy ergies error eternal evil excite exem exercise eyes faith false faults favour fear feel gion give grace ground habits happiness heart heaven holy honour hope human humble humility ical irreligion irreligious judge judgment labour lament lence less ligion look Maria Edgeworth means ment mercy mind moral motives natural ness never numbers observed offend opinion ourselves pain perhaps persons piety pious practice prayer Price pride principle profession promise prosperity quire racter religion religious repentance RIETY scripture Self-love sickness sincerity sins sorrow soul spirit sufferings taining temper things thought tian tion trials true truth vanity vehe vice virtue vols worldly zeal
150. oldal - The LORD, the LORD GOD, merciful and gracious, long• suffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, keeping • mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression ' and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty...
226. oldal - Hence the heartrending interrogation, " is it nothing to you all ye that pass by ? Behold and see if there be any sorrow like unto my sorrow, which is done unto me, wherewith the Lord hath afflicted me in the day of his fierce anger.
189. oldal - But the Lord said unto him ; Go thy way, for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel. For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.
34. oldal - The centre mov'd, a circle straight succeeds, Another still, and still another spreads ; Friend, parent, neighbour, first it will embrace ; His country next, and next all human race ; Wide and more wide, th...
227. oldal - But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God; " and he said, "Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing at the right hand of God.
189. oldal - I am with you saith the LORD of hosts- According to the word that I covenanted with you, when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you, fear ye not. For thus saith the LORD of hosts, yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land. And I will shake all nations, and the Desire of all nations shall come, and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts, the silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of...
186. oldal - In regions mild of calm and serene air, Above the smoke and stir of this dim spot Which men call Earth, and, with low-thoughted care.
6. oldal - THE POWER OF RELIGION ON THE MIND, in Retirement, Affliction, and at the approach of Death ; exemplified in the Testimonies and Experience of Persons distinguished by their greatness, learning, or virtue. " 'Tis immortality, — 'tis that alone, " Amidst life's pains, abasements, emptiness, " The soul can comfort, elevate, and fill.