The Works of the Reverend George Whitefield, M.A...: Containing All His Sermons and Tracts which Have Been Already Published: with a Select Collection of Letters... Also, Some Other Pieces on Important Subjects, Never Before Printed; Prepared by Himself for the Press; to which is Prefixed, an Account of His Life, Compiled from His Original Papers and Letters
Edward and Charles Dilly, 1772
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
againſt alſo apoſtle appear becauſe behold believe bleſſed blood body brethren bring called chriſtians church comes Comforter conſider creatures dead dear death deny devil diſciples divine doctrine doubt duty earth eternal evil eyes faith fall Father fear finners firſt follow fouls friends give given glory God's goſpel grace hand hath hear hearts heaven himſelf Holy Ghoſt houſe Jesus CHRIST kingdom Lamb light live look LORD JESUS Lord's manner means moſt muſt nature never once perhaps perſecution perſon poor pray prayer preach reaſon receive repentance rich righteouſneſs ſaid ſame Saul ſave ſay ſcripture ſee ſhall ſhould ſin ſome ſouls ſpeak Spirit ſuch ſuffer tell temple thee themſelves theſe things thoſe thou thought told true truth turn unto uſe whole yourſelves
279. oldal - For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.
224. oldal - Original Sin standeth not in the following of Adam, (as the Pelagians do vainly talk;) but it is the fault and corruption of the Nature of every man, that naturally is engendered of the offspring of Adam; whereby man is very far gone from original righteousness, and is of his own nature inclined to evil, so that the flesh lusteth always contrary to the spirit; and therefore in every person born into this world, it deserveth God's wrath and damnation.
111. oldal - JESUS answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day ? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
159. oldal - And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house ; and, putting his hands on him, said, Brother Saul, the Lord, (even Jesus that appeared unto thee in the way as thou earnest,) hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the holy Ghost.
23. oldal - When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room ; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him ; and he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
194. oldal - Come ye blessed children of my Father, receive the kingdom prepared for you from the beginning of the world : Grant this, we beseech thee, O merciful Father, through Jesus Christ, our Mediator and Redeemer.
58. oldal - Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor ; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.