Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acres additional amend amount architect Austrians Authority Bank Bill Board British building cable capital cattle causes cent charged Charles church College colony COMMONS Company cost County Court cwts district duty Earl East England erected expenses feet females foreign George give given Government granted Henry House important improvement increase Ireland issued Italy James John King Kingdom land less London Lord males March miles month morn North notice Office paid Pall Mall passed payment persons Pointed portraits Possessions powers present Prussia Public Quarter railway received Royal School Scotland sets ships sittings SOCIETY South stone Street Sunday supply Term third tion tonnage tons tower town Trade United vessels Wales West whole
203. oldal - An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing, and contingent and other Expenses of the Disembodied Militia in Great Britain and Ireland; to grant Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Paymasters, Quartermasters, Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, Surgeons' Mates, and Serjeant Majors of the Militia ; and to authorize the Employment of the Non-commissioned Officers.
175. oldal - An Act for the further Limitation of the Crown, and better securing the Rights and Liberties of the Subject...
88. oldal - Stone walls do not a prison make, Nor iron bars a cage; Minds innocent and quiet take That for an hermitage; If I have freedom in my love And in my soul am free, Angels alone, that soar above, Enjoy such liberty.
88. oldal - The degree is frequently so divided. 6. MEASURE OF TIME. 60 Seconds = 1 Minute. 60 Minutes = 1 Hour. 24 Hours = 1 Day. 7 Days = 1 Week. 28 Days = 1 Lunar Month. 28, 29, 30, or 31 Days = 1 Calendar Month. 12 Calendar Months = 1 Year. 365 Days = 1 Common Year. 366 Days = 1 Leap Year.
88. oldal - Acres = 1 Sq. Mile 3. MEASURES OF SOLIDITY AND CAPACITY. DIVISION I. — SOLIDITY. 1728 Cubic Inches = 1 Cubic Foot 27 Cubic Feet = 1 Cubic Yard DIVISION II.
10. oldal - IV. c- 70, it is enacted that" in the year 1831, and afterwards, the justices of the peace in every county, riding, or division, for which Quarter- Sessions of the Peace by law ought to be held, shall hold their general Quarter Sessions of the Peace in the first...
191. oldal - The Nuisance Authority in each district may provide a proper place, with all necessary apparatus and attendance, for the disinfection of woollen articles, clothing, or bedding which have become infected, and they may cause any articles brought for disinfection to be disinfected free of charge.
88. oldal - The four last denominations are used for dry goods only. For liquids several denominations have been heretofore adopted, viz. : — For Beer, the Firkin of 9 Gallons, the Kilderkin of 18, the Barrel of 36, the Hogshead of 54, and the Butt of 108 Galls. Flour is sold nominally by measure, but actually by weight, reckoned at 7 Ibs.