Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Two Summer Cruises with the Baltic Fleet, in 1854-5, Being the Log of the ...
Robert Edgar Hughes
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
admirable anchor appeared approached ashore Author Baltic battery beautiful believe blowing boats breeze British buildings burst camp clear close cloth contains course craft dark delight distance embrasure enemy English entirely excellent fair fell fire fleet followed Fort four French friends front gale give gun-boats guns half hand hard head heard heavy hour hundred interest island lady land leave light look marines miles morning mortars narrow never night observe officers once passage passed pilot poor position Post present pretty Price range reached reef roads rocks round Russian sail scarcely scene seen shell ships shore shot showed side sight soon Sound Stockholm strong Swedes Swedish thing took tower town vessels volumes whole wind yards young
331. oldal - This book is one which, perhaps, no other man could have written, and one for which the world ought to be and will be thankful. It is in the highest degree eloquent, acute, stimulating to thought, and fertile in suggestion. It...
13. oldal - I come from haunts of coot and hern, I make a sudden sally And sparkle out among the fern, To bicker down a valley. By thirty hills I hurry down, Or slip between the ridges, By twenty thorps, a little town, And half a hundred bridges.
332. oldal - A very extraordinary and delightful book, full of truth and goodness, of power and beauty." — North British Review. " One of the most remarkable works on art which has appeared in our time.
333. oldal - Fourteen years' residence among the half-civilized natives have given the author — whose powers of observation, penetration, and analysis are of no ordinary kind— ample opportunities of studying the character of the Hill tribes of Assam.
327. oldal - A tale at once moving and winning, natural and romantic, and certain to raise all the finer sympathies of the reader's nature."— Press.
1. oldal - Nanette' for many a long day ; or one in which every character is so thoroughly worked out in so short a space, and the interest concentrated with so much effect and truthfulness."— Britannia.