Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Biblical Reading Book, by the Author of the 'people's Dictionary of the Bible'
John Relly Beard
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
ancient apostles appear authority bearing became Bible brought called cause CHAPTER Christ Christian church consequence Dead death disciples divine earth east eastern effect entered event fact Father followed fruit Galilee gave give given gospel hand head heart Hebrew held Herod hills Holy hour human important Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John Jordan kind king kingdom Lake land learned less living Lord Luke Mark Mary Matt means Messiah mind Moses Mount nature occasion offered Palestine passed persons Peter plain present priests probably proceeded received religion rise Roman Saviour Scriptures sent side spirit stands stood taken temple things thou thought took town true truth whole
114. oldal - And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me; for he was before me.
75. oldal - Be smooth, ye rocks! ye rapid floods, give way! The Saviour comes! by ancient bards foretold: Hear him, ye deaf! and all ye blind, behold! He from thick films shall purge the visual ray, And on the sightless eyeball pour the day: 'Tis he th' obstructed paths of sound shall clear And bid new music charm th' unfolding ear: The dumb shall sing, the lame his crutch forego, And leap exulting like the bounding roe.
192. oldal - Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
153. oldal - And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath : therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
192. oldal - And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them, 37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.
107. oldal - He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills. They give drink to every beast of the field ; the wild asses quench their thirst.
195. oldal - But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
238. oldal - Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.
189. oldal - For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.