Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection American appeared arrived attendants boat body brought called canoe captain carried chiefs Christian cloth considerable consisting course death dogs eight Ellis eyes feet fish five former four friends give gospel ground hand head heart held hogs human hundred idols inhabitants islands June killed kind king laid land late latter leave length living look Lord manner means miles missionaries morning mountains native nature nearly never night observed occasion persons present principal queen reached received remarkable residence respecting rock royal Sandwich Sandwich Islands seemed seen sent ship shore side Society soon South spirit stones subjects Tahiti taken teachers thing thousand till tion trees turned vessel whole wife woman worship young
61. oldal - It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other -women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. 11 And their words seemed to them as idle tales ; and they believed them not.
86. oldal - So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel. And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions ? if the Lord be God, follow him : but if Baal then follow him.
154. oldal - Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.
183. oldal - The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, Make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, And every mountain and hill shall be made low: And the crooked shall be made straight, And the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, And all flesh shall see it together: For the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
184. oldal - WHEN the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that dream. Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The Lord hath done great things for them. The Lord hath done great things for us ; whereof we are glad.
205. oldal - God ; and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
44. oldal - But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him; for the Lord seeth not as man seeth ; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.
158. oldal - To Be, contents his natural desire, He asks no Angel's wing, no Seraph's fire; But thinks, admitted to that equal sky, His faithful dog shall bear him company.
186. oldal - In that day there shall be a fountain opened To the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem For sin and for uncleanness.
159. oldal - Then tidings of these things came unto the ears of the Church which was in Jerusalem, and they sent forth Barnabas, that he should go as far as Antioch ; who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all that with purpose of heart they would cleave unto the Lord...