Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according apostles appear applied argument beautiful become believe Bible body called cause character Christ Christian church common course death divine doctrine earth effect entire error evidence existence expression fact faith give given gospel Greek hand heart heaven Hebrew Holy human idea identity important influence interest Jews John known language less light living Lord matter means mind moral nature necessary never noticed object once original passage perfect philosophy present principle prove question reader reason received reference Reform regard relation religion remarks respect result rhetoric Roman Scriptures seems sense soul speak spirit stand style supposed term theory thing thought tion translation true truth universal volume whole writers
13. oldal - Rome ! my country ! City of the soul ! The orphans of the heart must turn to thee, Lone mother of dead empires ! and control In their shut breasts their petty misery. What are our woes and sufferance? Come and see The cypress, hear the owl, and plod your way O'er steps of broken thrones and temples, Ye! Whose agonies are evils of a day — A world is at our feet as fragile as our clay. The Niobe of nations ! there she stands Childless and crownless, in her voiceless woe; An empty urn within her withered...
369. oldal - And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, (ready to depart on the morrow) and continued his speech until midnight.
123. oldal - Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
494. oldal - There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.
707. oldal - PAUL, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh ; and declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead...
505. oldal - Verily, verily, I say unto thee. Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
704. oldal - I lay down my life, that I may take it again. No one taketh it away from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.
582. oldal - And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
584. oldal - Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ : that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel...