Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aged apostle appear appointed attend believe benevolent Bible Society blessing brethren Calcutta called cause character Chris Christian church civil colonies congregation Connecticut creatures dear death destitute divine divine grace doctrine duty earth effects England eternal evil exertions faith fathers favor feel friends give glory God's gospel grace happiness hath heart heathen heaven Holy Spirit hope India instruction Isle of France Israel Jesus Christ Jews kingdom knowledge labors Lord LYMAN BEECHER mankind means ment mercy mind minister mission Missionary Society moral nations nature ness never object ordinances Orissa pastor perfect persons pious pray prayer preach present promises promote providence received religion religious repentance respecting Sabbath salvation Saviour Scrip Scriptures Serampore settlements sinners sins sionaries souls things thou tian Timothy Harris tion total depravity truth tures unto word worship
21. oldal - And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
334. oldal - For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles : but when they were come, ' he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
401. oldal - If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb...
454. oldal - Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
102. oldal - Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul ; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
321. oldal - Christ, to the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known, by the church, the manifold wisdom of God, according to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord ; in whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.
238. oldal - Sirs, why do ye these things ? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein ; who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways.
169. oldal - Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for the house of the kingdom, by the might of my power, and for the honour of my majesty ? While the word was in the king's mouth, there fell a voice from heaven, saying, O King Nebuchadnezzar, to thee it is spoken, The kingdom is departed from thee.
238. oldal - God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness : because that which may be known of God is manifest in them ; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead : so that they are without excuse.