Commentaries on the epistles of Paul the apostle to the Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians, tr. and ed. by J. Pringle. [Followed by] Four sermons on important practical subjects, together with a dissertation and commentary on the eighty-seventh Psalm, tr. by H.Beveridge, 142. rész
Calvin Translation Society, 1851 - 384 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according accordingly admonishes afflictions afterwards angels Antichrist Apostle autem believers blessing body brethren called Calvin children of God Christians Church circumcision Colossians commands consolation Corinthians corrupt death declares desire Dieu Divine doctrine employed endeavour endure enim Epaphras Epaphroditus Epistle exercise exhorts expression faith Father feel flesh give glory God's gospel grace hand hath heart heaven Hence holy Holy Spirit honour hope Idolatry Iesu inasmuch intimates Isaiah Jesus Christ Jews kingdom labour lest live Lord Jesus manifest manner means merely mind occasion ourselves Papists Parochial Mass passage Paul Paul's persecutions persons Philippians Phrygia pious praetorium pray prayer preaching Psalm qu'il quae quod quoted reason received reckon rejoice rendered resurrection righteousness Sacraments saints salvation Satan says Scripture shews speak Spirit suffer sunt teaches term Thessalo Thessalonians things tion true Tychicus unto vobis whole wicked word worship
172. oldal - I would that ye knew what great conflict I have for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh...
100. oldal - Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
100. oldal - Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended : but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
136. oldal - Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world ; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth...
114. oldal - Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy righteousness. 28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.
xiii. oldal - I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.
147. oldal - Arise, shine ; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people : but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and His glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
149. oldal - No one has ever seen God; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.
310. oldal - So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure : 5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer...
45. oldal - Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ : that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel ; 28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries : which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.