Sacred Biography: Or, The History of the Patriarchs. To which is Added, the History of Deborah, Ruth, and Hannah. Being a Course of Lectures Delivered at the Scots Church, London Wall, 4. kötet
I. Peirce, No. 5, North Front Street; and John Richardson, No. 31, Market., 1818
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection angels appear attention authority become beginning behold believe blessed body called character child christian command common darkness dead death disciples display divine doctrine earth employed event eyes faith Father feel flesh followed Galilee give given glory gospel grace hand hath heal heard heart heaven holy honour hope human importance instruction interest Israel Jesus Christ Jews John kind king kingdom land light living look Lord manner mark master means mind minister miracle nature Nazareth object observe once pass peace perfect person poor preach present prince promises prophet Providence received respect rest saith Scripture season sent servant soul spirit stand synagogue temple thee things thou tion truth unto voice whole wisdom wise witness wonder
112. oldal - Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money : that take, and give unto them for me and thee.
137. oldal - And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath. And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong ; but he, passing through the midst of them, went his way.
173. oldal - ... how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
xii. oldal - And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen ; and poured out the changers...
v. oldal - And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
75. oldal - And so it was, that while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her first-born son, and wrapped him in swaddling-clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
275. oldal - Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate, saying, " Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again. Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead : so the last error shall be worse than the first.
viii. oldal - Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor ; he hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.