The Theological Class Book: Containing a System of Divinity, in the Form of Question and Answer, Accompanied with Scripture Proofs, Designed for the Benefit of Theological Classes, and the Higher Classes in Sabbath Schools
Crocker and Brewster, 1833 - 172 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according Acts angels appear atonement baptism baptized believe Bible blessed blood body born bring called CHAPTER Christian Church command consequently covenant created creation dead death Divine doctrine duty earth effect eternal everlasting evidence evil existence faith Father flesh future give given glory gospel grace hand happiness hast hath heart heaven Holy Ghost human infants instruction Jesus Christ John judge judgment justified kingdom knowledge light live Lord Lord's mankind Matt means meant moral nature never pass perfect person possesses prayer preached present proved providence punishment reason received relation religion repentance respect resurrection righteous Sabbath saints saith salvation saved Scrip Scriptures sinner sins soul Spirit subjects sufferings teach thee things Thou shalt tion true truth unto wicked worship written
135. oldal - Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: 3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
136. oldal - For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
164. oldal - Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone ; if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
115. oldal - And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things : but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
87. oldal - Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins : and by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
34. oldal - Isaac, (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God, according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth,) it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
3. oldal - And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient...
91. oldal - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law : for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
162. oldal - Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, " It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
56. oldal - Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me ; and showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.