Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able answer appear appointed assurance bear believe blessing called cause Christ Christian comfort concern consider dark dear death desire Divine doctrine earth effect enabled enemies eternal evil expect experience express eyes faith Father favour fear feel friends give given glory Gospel grace hand happy hear heart heaven Holy honour hope Jesus Jesus Christ John judge keep knowledge less LETTER light likewise live look Lord Lord's means meet mind nature observe ourselves peace perhaps person pleased poor pray prayer preach present profession promise reason receive respect rest salvation Scripture sense shew sinners sins soul speak Spirit stand strength suffer sure thankful things thou thought tion true trust truth unto whole wisdom wise wish write
255. oldal - The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked : who can know it ? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
346. oldal - For as the rain cometh down, And the snow from heaven, And returneth not thither, But watereth the earth, And maketh it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: It shall not return unto me void, But it shall accomplish that which I please, And it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
483. oldal - Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.
407. oldal - For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven ; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble ; and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
519. oldal - For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
537. oldal - If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; not-withstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
236. oldal - The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble ; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
332. oldal - For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
349. oldal - And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you. It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.