Sermons Preached by Mr. Elisha Bates, of Mount Pleasant, Ohio: With Extracts from His Writings, Containing a Further Exposition of His Doctrinal Views
Hamilton, Adams & Company, 1836 - 104 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
able according Almighty angels apostle appear assurance awful believe blessed blood bring brought cast cause character Christ Jesus Christ our Lord christian church comfort coming concerned condition consolation conviction dead dear friends death deep desire died dispensation divine doctrines duties earth enabled engaged enter eternal evidence exercise experience faith Father feel felt gifts give given glory gospel ground hand hath head heart heaven hold Holy Scriptures Holy Spirit hope humble important individual influence language light living look Lord Jesus Christ meet mind nature never occasion opened operation peace practice pray prayer present principles promise receive regard rejoice religious remember renewed repentance righteousness Scriptures seek sense sins Society soul speak suffering testimony things thou tion transgressions tribulation true truth understanding unto weakness wisdom
63. oldal - For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh : how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God...
48. oldal - He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall; but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
11. oldal - Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword? As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
92. oldal - And hope maketh not ashamed ; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost, which is given unto us.
7. oldal - And the times of this ignorance God winked at ; but now commandeth all men every where to repent : because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained ; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
72. oldal - Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the LORD, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters saith the LORD Almighty...
8. oldal - But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour ; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
17. oldal - Israel as he strikes his heavenly lyre ! of sitting down under the tuition, successively, of all those holy men of old who spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost...
12. oldal - When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.