A Bibliographical Account of the Principal Works Relating to English Topography: v. 3. Oxfordshire - Yorkshire. Bibliotheca topographica britannica. Suppl. to second part. Index of places. Index of names
R. and A. Taylor, 1818
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Account added ancient Antiquities Appendix Arms Author Bishop Bluck sc Bridge Buildings Cathedral Chapel Charles Charter Church of St City of London Collection College Commons Company containing Contents continued copies Court dated Dedication Description Drawn Earl East Edward engraved Errors of paging Etched Fire Folded Folio Forming front Garden George Green Half Hall Head Henry Hill History History of London Honourable Hospital House Hundred Improvement Index Inscribed James John King Lane LARGE late letter letter-press List Lord Mary Mayor Monument Names North Number Octavo Order original Palace Pall Mall Place Plan PLATES Portrait Preface present Printed Prospect published Quarto relating Remarks Richard Right River Robert Royal Seat second edit side Smith Society sold South St Paul's Street Survey Table taken Temple Thames Thomas Title Title-page Tomb Tower View Volume Wale Ward West Westminster Westminster Abbey
713. oldal - Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
758. oldal - Origines juridiciales, or historical memorials of the English laws, courts of justice, forms of tryall, punishment in cases criminal, law writers, law books, grants and settlements of estates, degree of serjeant, Innes of Court and chancery. Also a Chronologie of the lord chancelors and keepers of the great seal, lord treasurers.
784. oldal - A Short Historical ACCOUNT of LONDON BRIDGE ; with a Proposition for a New Stone Bridge at WESTMINSTER...
1002. oldal - OLIVER, Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland, and the dominions thereunto belonging, to the Commissioners authorised by a late Ordinance for Approbation of Public Preachers, or ' to
872. oldal - XIX. <The TAPESTRY HANGINGS of the HOUSE of LORDS ; representing the several Engagements between the English and Spanish Fleets, in the ever memorable Year MDLXXXVIII, with the Portraits of the Lord High Admiral and the other noble Commanders, taken from the Life.
874. oldal - A treatise on the police of the metropolis, containing a detail of the various crimes and misdemeanors, by which public and private property, and security are, at present, injured and endangered, and suggesting remedies for their prevention ; 6th edition.
1065. oldal - Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, When it is in the power of thine hand to do it. Say not unto thy neighbour, Go, and come again, And to-morrow I will give; When thou hast it by thee.
790. oldal - Labelye (Charles) A short account of the methods made use of in laying the foundation of the piers of Westminster Bridge, with an answer to the chief objections that have been made thereto.
824. oldal - A transition from an author's book to his conversation, is too often like an entrance into a large city, after a distant prospect. Remotely, we see nothing but spires of temples and turrets of palaces, and imagine it the residence of splendour, grandeur, and magnificence ; but, when we have passed the gates, we find it perplexed with narrow passages, disgraced with despicable cottages, embarrassed with obstructions, and clouded with smoke.