Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Martyri: A Legend, Wherein Are Contained Homilies, Conversations, and ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2009
Martyria: A Legend, Wherein Are Contained Homilies, Conversations, and ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
Anabaptists angel angel Faith Anne Askew apostles Archbishop Archbishop Cranmer Arian beauty believe bishops blessed Catholic Christ Christian church cousin Cranmer dead death divine doctrine doth earth earthly Eternity evil Ezra Abbot faith Father feeling God's Gospel Grace happiness hath heard heart heaven heresy holy honour hope human Jesus John John a Lasco King's learning living Lollardie look Lord Ferries Lord Neville Luther man's manner marriage Martin Bucer martyrs Master Asheton Master Brandon Maud mind Mistress Bouchier Mistress Emma Mistress Jane moral mortal vision nature ness never nigh Paul's peace perish Pope Pope Zosimus pray prayer preached priest reformed religion religious righteousness Rivington Hall saints Scriptures sight Sir Francis Farel Sir Marmaduke sister solemn soul spirit thee therein things thou thought tion Trinity unto wife Willoughby words worship
217. oldal - These are they which were not defiled with women ; for they are virgins ; these are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the first-fruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile; for they are without fault before the throne of God.
322. oldal - EVEN such is time, that takes in trust Our youth, our joys, our all we have, And pays us but with earth and dust; Who, in the dark and silent grave, When we have wandered all our ways, Shuts up the story of our days; But from this earth, this grave, this dust, My God shall raise me up, I trust!
247. oldal - The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou nearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth ; so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
157. oldal - The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
216. oldal - I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples; And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved, that goeth down sweetly, causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak.
59. oldal - His, be as ready to receive it as ever you were to receive any truth by my ministry : for I am verily persuaded, the Lord has more truth yet to break forth out of His holy word.
118. oldal - He preached the joys of Heaven and pains of Hell, And warned the sinner with becoming zeal, But on eternal mercy loved to dwell. He taught the Gospel rather than the Law And forced himself to drive, but loved to draw.
31. oldal - FLUNG to the heedless winds, Or on the waters cast, Their ashes shall be watched, And gathered at the last : And from that scattered dust, Around us and abroad, Shall spring a plenteous seed Of witnesses for God.
274. oldal - But to resume our old theme of scholars and their whereabout," said the Baron, with an unusual glow, caught, no doubt, from the golden sunshine, imprisoned, like the student Anselmus, in the glass bottle ; " where should the scholar live? In solitude, or in society? in the green stillness of the country, where he can hear the heart of Nature beat ; or in the dark, gray town, where he can hear and feel the throbbing heart of man?