Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according actions activity admit advantage affective animals attached Attention become belief body called cause Christian church civil commands common conceive conformity consequently considered consist constitution Creator depends designate desire determinate direction distinguished divine doctrine duties endowed evil exact existence feelings functions give given governed happiness harmony hereditary human ideas ignorance importance individual influence innate intellectual Jesus Judgment justice kind knowledge less live man's mankind manner matter means mental mind modes moral laws natural laws natural morality necessary necessity never objects observation parents particular perfect persons phenomena philosophers physical pleasure positive possessed powers practice present primary faculties principles produce proved qualities reason regard relations religion religious render require revelation says Sense sentiments society species spirit takes things tion true truth understanding universal vegetative Vices virtues whole
153. oldal - And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.
164. oldal - Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind ; neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.
107. oldal - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul : but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
150. oldal - For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house, hath more honour than the house. 4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
107. oldal - Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed; and hid that shall not be known.
164. oldal - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles ? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit ; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
143. oldal - ... restrain and modify its language by the known truths, which observation and experience furnish on these topics. " We profess not to know a book which demands a more frequent exercise of reason than the Bible. In addition to the remarks now made on its infinite connexions, we may observe, that its style no where affects the precision of science, or the accuracy of definition. Its language is singularly glowing, bold and figurative, demanding more frequent departures from the literal sense, than...
158. oldal - Any thing short of this is not the true religion of Jesus. This is the great commandment of the New Testament — " Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and thy neighbor as thyself.
151. oldal - It includes whatever is incomprehensible, whatever is beyond the limits of observation;, — such as the nature of God, the creation of the world by his will, his influence upon his creatures, his communication with men the birth and miraculous actions of Jesus, the immortality of the soul, and the rewards and punishments in the life to come.