Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American appear Bacon beautiful become believe Bible body called Catholic cause century character Christ Christian Church death Divine doctrine effect England English existence expressed fact faith feel friends German give Greek hand heart Holy hope human hundred idea Indian influence interest Italy labor language learned less light living Lord matter means Methodism Methodist mind missionary missions moral nature never object original party passed period philosophy practical preaching present principle Protestant question reason received Reformation regard relation religion religious remarks result REVIEW Roman says Scriptures slave slavery society soul speak spirit success suffering things thought thousand tion true truth universal volume Wesley whole writings
309. oldal - The condition of Man after the fall of Adam is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God. Wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.
68. oldal - ALMIGHTY God, unto Whom all hearts be open, all desires known, and from . Whom no secrets are hid ; Cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of Thy Holy Spirit, that we may perfectly love Thee, and worthily magnify Thy holy Name ; through Christ our Lord.
220. oldal - How oft do they their silver bowers leave, To come to succour us that succour want ! How oft do they with golden pinions cleave The flitting skies like flying pursuivant, Against foul fiends to aid us militant ! They for us fight ; they watch and duly ward, And their bright squadrons round about us plant ; And all for love and nothing for reward : Oh why should heavenly God to men have such regard) THE SEASONS.
147. oldal - For books are not absolutely dead things, but do contain a potency of life in them to be as active as that soul was whose progeny they are; nay, they do preserve as in a vial the purest efficacy and extraction of that living intellect that bred them.
290. oldal - If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance ; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
411. oldal - To them who by patient continuance in welldoing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every c soul of man that doeth evil...
440. oldal - Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright: at the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.
586. oldal - Iron sharpeneth iron ; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
411. oldal - But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; who will render to every man according to his deeds...
180. oldal - To conclude therefore, let no man, upon a weak conceit of sobriety or an ill-applied moderation, think or maintain that a man can search too far or be too well studied in the book of God's word or in the book of God's works ; divinity or philosophy; but rather let men endeavour an endless progress or proficience in both...