The Whole Works of the Most Reverend Father in God, Robert Leighton, D.D., Archbishop of Glasgow: To which is Prefixed, a Life of the Author by John Norman Pearson, 1. kötet
James Duncan, 1830
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affections amongst Apostle appear authority beauty believe better bishops blessed body building called cause Christian church comfort concerning condition consider conversation darkness death delight desire Divine doctrine doth duty earth esteem eternal evil excellent expressed eyes faith Father fear former give given glory God's Gospel grace grow hand happiness hath hear heart heaven holy honour hope Jesus Christ John kind kings knowledge Leighton less light living look Lord lusts matter mean mind ministers nature never obedience offer particular peace perfect persons possession praise present Psal reason receive religion rest rule salvation Scriptures seems sense soul speak Spirit sufferings sure sweet taken taste things thou thoughts tion true truth unto whole word
194. oldal - THUS saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: Where is the house that ye build unto me? And where is the place of my rest ? For all those things hath mine hand made, And all those things have been, saith the Lord: But to this man will I look, Even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, And trembleth at my word.
48. oldal - Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations : that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.
93. oldal - For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
182. oldal - How sweet are thy words unto my taste ! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth.
98. oldal - Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ...
36. oldal - ... that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation, in the knowledge of him; the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints...
314. oldal - Christ ; not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers ; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; with good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
76. oldal - Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous : and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
115. oldal - And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear...