Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admired afterward Ahab ancient appears appointed Archbishop Bishop born buried called Cambridge cause character Christ Christian Church College Dean death desire died divine Durham educated Elijah England English excellent expressed faith father favour formed give given Greek hand hath heaven Henry History honour Israel it's Italy James John King land language Latin learned letter Literary lived London Lord manner Master means mind native nature never observed occasion Oxford person piety pleased present Prince promoted Prophet published reason received religion remains remarked respect sent Sir George thee things Thomas thou tion Travels University unto volumes Wakefield Wheler whole Worthies writings York Yorkshire
255. oldal - And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord, and said, I will persuade him. " And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith ? And he said, I will go forth, and I (will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, annd prevail also : go forth, and do so.
239. oldal - God of hosts; for the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.
224. oldal - And she said, as the Lord thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel and a little oil in a cruse: and behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it and die.
238. oldal - AND is there care in heaven ? and is there love In heavenly spirits to these creatures base, That may compassion of their evils move ? There is...
232. oldal - Lord God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word. Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the Lord God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
239. oldal - And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD tvas not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake ; but the LORD was not in the earthquake : And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire : and after the fire a still small voice.
248. oldal - Thy servant went out into the midst of the battle; and, behold, a man turned aside, and brought a man unto me, and said, Keep this man : if by any means he be missing, then shall thy life be for his life, or else thou shalt pay a talent of silver. 40 And as thy servant was busy here and there, he was gone.
264. oldal - And it came to pass, as they still went on and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.