Report of the Commissioner of Education Made to the Secretary of the Interior for the Year ... with Accompanying Papers, 1. kötet
U.S. Government Printing Office, 1894
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according agricultural amount annual applied appointed Artisan attendance authorities average boys branches buildings cent civil College communes constitutional council course course of study court district division drawing elementary elementary schools England English established examination exercises fees four French funds German girls give given Government grade graduates grant higher increase industrial industrial schools institutions instruction International law Italy knowledge land language lectures master mathematics means mechanical methods military minister natural normal officers opened organization passed persons physical population practical preparation present primary principal pupils received relations respect Roman rules Russia scholarships schools secondary Society subjects teachers teaching technical term tion torts trade University week
586. oldal - That in order to aid in acquiring and diffusing among the people of the United States useful and practical information on subjects connected with agriculture, and to promote scientific investigation and experiment respecting the principles and applications of agricultural science...
586. oldal - State which may take and claim the benefit of this act, to the endowment, support, and maintenance of at least one college where the leading object shall be, without excluding other scientific and classical studies, and including military tactics, to teach such branches of learning as are related to agriculture and the mechanic arts, in such manner as the legislatures of the States may respectively prescribe, in order to promote the liberal and practical education of the industrial classes in the...
564. oldal - It shall be the duty of each of said stations, annually, on or before the first day of February, to make to the Governor of the State or Territory in which it is located a full and detailed report of its operations, including a statement of receipts and expenditures, a copy of which report shall be sent to each of said stations, to the said Commissioner of Agriculture and to the Secretary of the Treasury of the United States.
574. oldal - That no money shall be paid out under this act to any State or Territory for the support and maintenance of a college where a distinction of race or color is made in the admission of students, but the establishment and maintenance of such colleges separately for white and colored students shall be held to be a compliance with the provisions of this act if the funds received in such State or Territory be equitably divided as hereinafter set forth...
571. oldal - ... the chemical composition of useful plants at their different stages of growth ; the comparative advantages of rotative cropping as pursued under a varying series of crops; the capacity of new plants or trees for acclimation ; the analysis of soils and water ; the chemical composition of manures, natural or artificial, with experiments designed to test their comparative effects on crops of different kinds; the adaptation and value of grasses and forage plants; the composition and digestibility...
575. oldal - If the Secretary of the Interior shall withhold a certificate from any State or Territory of its appropriation the facts and reasons therefor shall be reported to the President, and the amount involved shall be kept separate in the Treasury until the close of the next Congress, in order that the State or Territory may, if it should so desire, appeal to Congress from the determination of the Secretary of the Interior.
571. oldal - Territory established, or which may hereafter be established, in accordance with the provisions of an Act approved July second, eighteen hundred and sixty-two, entitled "An Act donating public lands to the several States and Territories which may provide colleges for the benefit of agricultural and the mechanic arts...
586. oldal - Territory for the more complete endowment and maintenance of colleges for the benefit of agriculture and the mechanic arts now established, or which may be hereafter established, in accordance with an Act of Congress approved July second, eighteen hundred and sixty-two...
560. oldal - SEC. 3. And be it further enacted, That all the expenses of management, superintendence, and taxes from date of selection of said lands, previous to their sales, and all expenses incurred in the management and disbursement of the moneys which may be received therefrom, shall be paid by the States to which they may belong, out of the treasury of said States, so that the entire proceeds of the sale of said lands shall be applied without any diminution whatever to the purposes hereinafter mentioned.