Introduction to the New Testament, Tr., and Augmented with Notes (and a Dissertation on the Origin and Composition of the Three First Gospels) by H. Marsh. 4 Vols. [in 6 Pt.]. 4 Vols. [in 5 Pt.].
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts admit agree Alexandria already ancient answer Apostles appears argument arrangement assertion Barachias believe called century chapter Christ Christian circumstance conclude consequently considered contained contradiction delivered determine disciples doubt edition Epistle Eusebius Evangelists evidence examined explained expression facts Fathers favour former four Further given Gospel of St Greek hand happened Harmony Hebrew Gospel immediately instance Jerom Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John John's language Latin latter least Light likewise Luke Luke wrote Luke's Gospel manner Mark Mark's Masch Matth Matthew Matthew wrote Matthew's Gospel means mentioned Nazarenes Note objection observed opinion original Palestine Papias particular passage Paul person Peter position preceding present probably proof prove published question quoted reader reason recorded respect Rome says sect suppose taken Testament tion translation true viii writers written wrote his Gospel
22. oldal - Then assembled together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, unto the palace of the high priest, who was called Caiaphas, 4. And consulted that they might take Jesus by subtilty, and kill him. 5. But they said, Not on the feast day, lest there be an uproar among the people.
23. oldal - Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you ? And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver. And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him.
304. oldal - These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.
7. oldal - And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.
164. oldal - That upon you may come all the righteous blood, shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
302. oldal - And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
241. oldal - And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace...
331. oldal - It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus...
340. oldal - A course of Lectures, containing a description and systematic arrangement of the several branches of Divinity, accompanied with an account both of the principal authors, and of the progress which has been made at different periods, in Theological learning.