A Treatise on the Millennium: In which the Prevailing Theories on that Subject are Carefully Examined; and the True Scriptural Doctrine Attempted to be Elicited and Established
J. & J. Harper, 1832 - 277 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according ages ancient angels Apocalypse appear authority Beast body book of Revelation called cast chapter character Christ Christian church close considered dead death deceive denote described destroyed Devil divine doctrine Dragon earth empire evident expression fact fall fire given Gog and Magog hand hath heads heaven Holy import interpretation Israel Jews John judgment king kingdom land language latter literal live Lord means mentioned Millennium mind mountains mystic nature object opinion original Paganism passage period persons portion predicted present prophecy prophet reader reference regard reign remarkable represented respect rest resurrection Revelation Roman sacred saints Satan says Scriptures sense serpent seven seventh souls Spirit supposed symbol term thee things thou thou shalt thousand thrones tion true truth unto vision whole woman writers
108. oldal - And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth : and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
261. oldal - Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold, the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.
119. oldal - And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him. And the Lord said unto Satan, "The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan; even the Lord that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
150. oldal - Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man ? and then he will spoil his house.
149. oldal - And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him a thousand years...
140. oldal - And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image ; these both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
133. oldal - Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter ; 20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks.
79. oldal - AND there appeared a great wonder in heaven ; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars : 2 And she, being with child, cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
48. oldal - If any man shall add unto these things, GOD shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book : and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, GOD shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things that are written in this book.