Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action Aeschines affection angels appear Athens beauty become blessed bring brother character Christ christian church claim close comes conscience course cross dark death delight demand Demosthenes discourse divine doubt duty earth earthly eternal expression faith fearful feel felt friends gathered give grace hand hear heart heaven holy Homer hope hour human influence interest Jesus judge labors language light live look meet memory mind moral nature never object once orator perfect person Philip preached prepared present principle receive religion religious remark respect scenes secure seems sermon sinner sometimes soul speak spirit stand suffering sympathy thee thing thou thought tion truth turn unto voice walk whole writes
198. oldal - Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created.
185. oldal - He that has light within his own clear breast, May sit i' th' centre, and enjoy bright day : But he that hides a dark soul, and foul thoughts, Benighted walks under the mid-day sun ; Himself is his own dungeon.
303. oldal - I am to be gathered unto my people : bury me with my fathers in the cave that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite, in the cave that is in the field of "Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite, for a possession of a burying-place.
viii. oldal - And Cain talked with Abel his brother : and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel, his brother ; and slew him. And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper ? And he said, What hast thou done ? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
ix. oldal - When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
93. oldal - And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
39. oldal - Look not mournfully into the Past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the Present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy Future, without fear, and with a manly heart.
314. oldal - He that hath found some fledged bird's nest may know At first sight if the bird be flown ; But what fair well or grove he sings in now, That is to him unknown.