Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according action active ancient animal appears attributes became becomes belief blood body brain called caste cause centre common conceive conception condition consciousness Consequently created creature death Deity desire direct divine duties earth effect essence eternal evil existence expression fact father feeling fire force give gods Greek hand happiness head heart heaven human idea ideal impressions individual infinite instinct intelligence king light limited living material matter means mental mind mode monotheism moral Nature object observation offered once organization origin pain pantheism passed perfection philosophy physical prayer present priest principle produced pure race reason received regarded relation religion religious says sense soul space spirit substance suffering supposed theory things thought tion tribe truth unity universe victims virtue worship
243. oldal - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve ; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell : but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
357. oldal - For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; 11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died ? 12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
49. oldal - The law of causation, the recognition of which is the main pillar of inductive philosophy, is but the familiar truth, that invariability of succession is found by observation to obtain between every fact in nature and some other fact which has preceded it.
113. oldal - I do not mean that they choose what is customary in preference to what suits their own inclination. It does not occur to them to have any inclination, except for what is customary.
116. oldal - Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation: so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
254. oldal - He through whom the sky is bright and the earth firm ; He through whom the heaven was established, nay, the highest heaven ; He who measured out the light in the air : who is the God to whom we shall offer our sacrifice...
36. oldal - The corruptible body presseth down the soul, and the earthly tabernacle weigheth down the mind that museth upon many things ; "
180. oldal - The priests the Levites, and all the tribe of Levi, shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel: they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and his inheritance.