Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
absolute action ancient animal asceticism attributes beast becomes belief blood body brain Buddhism called caste cause centre cerebellum cerebral hemispheres cerebrum Christianity conceive conception consciousness creature death Deity derived Descartes divine doctrine dualism duties earth Eleatic school essence eternal ethics evil exhibit existence expression faculty feeling fetish fire force ganglia gods Greek happiness heaven Heraclitus human idea ideal impressions Indian individual infinite instinct intellectual intelligence king Levit living man's material matter medulla oblongata mental Michabo mind mode monotheism moral Mosaism motion myth mythology Nature Norsemen object organisms pantheism passion perception perfection philosophy pleasure polytheism polytheist Popol Vuh prayer priests principle produced Quiches race reason regarded religion religious sacred sacrifice savage says sensation sense sentiment soul spirit substance suffering supposed symbol temple theism theocracy things thought tion tribe truth unity virtue word worship Zagreus Zeus
269. oldal - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve ; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell : but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
411. oldal - For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; 11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died ? 12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
69. oldal - The law of causation, the recognition of which is the main pillar of inductive philosophy, is but the familiar truth, that invariability of succession is found by observation to obtain between every fact in nature and some other fact which has preceded it.
133. oldal - I do not mean that they choose what is customary in preference to what suits their own inclination. It does not occur to them to have any inclination, except for what is customary.
136. oldal - Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation: so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an article of the Faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
280. oldal - He through whom the sky is bright and the earth firm ; He through whom the heaven was established, nay, the highest heaven ; He who measured out the light in the air : who is the God to whom we shall offer our sacrifice...
56. oldal - The corruptible body presseth down the soul, and the earthly tabernacle weigheth down the mind that museth upon many things ; "
206. oldal - The priests the Levites, and all the tribe of Levi, shall have no part nor inheritance with Israel: they shall eat the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and his inheritance.