Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able appears attention believe blessed body called cause character Christ Christian church common congregation continued course death desire Dissenters divine doctrine duty effect excellent express fact faith father feel friends give given glory Gospel grace hand happy heart heaven holy honour hope human important interest Jesus John kind labours late learned less letter light live look Lord means meeting ment mind minister Missionary moral nature never object observed once opinion original pass persons practice prayer preached present principles proved question readers reason received reference religion religious remarks respect Scripture sent sermon Society soul spirit things thou thought tion true truth unto volume whole wish writings
134. oldal - x. 45. we read, that after Peter had been preaching to Cornelius, " they of the circumcision which believed, were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost." The word "believed" here used, is in the original
260. oldal - To the law and to the testimony." III. Socinianism indefensible on the Principles of right Reason, and chargeable with gross Absurdities.— 1 Cor. i. 20. " Where is the wise? •where is the scribe ? where is the disputer of this world ? Hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world ?" IV. The Resemblance of Socinianism to
196. oldal - Look not on his countenance, for the Lord seeth not as man seeth ; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.' But alas ! ' He finds his brother guilty—of a skin Not coloured like his own!' And even in the worship of the Most High he must manifest his horror at such an
135. oldal - faithful in the sense of tried fidelity. Lastly, Rev. xvii. 14, 15. reads thus: " For he is Lord of lords, and King of kings ; and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
174. oldal - own state ; to inquire whether there be any work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope, in our Lord Jesus Christ. The heart is the seat of all true and vital religion ; it purifies and elevates the affections. Love is the ruling passion, and if this is engaged in the
340. oldal - he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart, in full assurance of faith.
65. oldal - The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, behold, The Lamb of God !" Now, this Lamb of God was He, of whom he spake when he baptized the people, saying unto them, Acts xix. 4—6, ' " That they SHOULD believe on Him,
651. oldal - of some who in ancient times were converted from idols, " ye did run well, but Satan hindered you. О foolish Otaheitans, who has bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ has been set forth evidently crucified among you." For be assured that Satan, who has so long reigned
641. oldal - as it were by force, surely this is it ; and, knowing the character of Christ, we should have concluded that this petition must be successful. But Jesus answered and said, it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. What imperfect judges