A Paraphrase with Notes, on the Acts of the Apostles, and Upon All the Epistles of the New Testament: Being a Compleat Supplement to Dr. Clarke's Paraphrase on the Four Gospels. With a Short Preface to Each Epistle, Shewing the Occasion and Design of It; the Several Arguments Set at the Head of Each Chapter; and a General Index to All the Principal Matters, Words, and Phrases of the New Testament, Excepting the Revelation. For the Use of Families
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abſolutely againſt alſo anſwered Apoſtles Aſſurance becauſe beſt boaſt brethren C H A Caſe cauſe Chap Chriſtian Chriſtian Religion Church Conſcience Converſion Converts Death Deſign deſired Diſ Diſciples Diſcourſe divine Dočtrine elſe expreſs Faith falſe firſt fleſh Gentiles glory Goſpel Happineſs hath himſelf Holy Ghoſt houſe Iſrael Jeruſalem Jeſus Chriſt jewiſh jews Judea juſt laſt leaſt Lord Jeſus Meſſiah Miniſters Miniſtry Moſes moſt muſt myſelf N T E N T Number obſerve Occaſion paſs Paul Perſecution Perſon Peter pleaſed preach preſent Prieſt priſon Profeſſion Promiſe Puniſhment Purpoſe raiſed Reaſon Reſpect ſaid ſaid unto ſame ſaved ſaw ſay ſee ſeems ſeen ſelf ſelves ſend Senſe ſent ſet ſeveral ſhall ſhe ſhew ſhould ſhow ſin ſincere ſome ſon ſoon ſpeak Spirit ſpiritual ſtand ſtill ſuch ſuffer ſufficient ſure thee themſelves ther theſe theſe things thoſe thou tion true underſtand uſe Verſe whoſe Wiſdom wiſe Worſhip
363. oldal - For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more ; and unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews ; to them that are under the law...
444. oldal - And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, "I will dwell in them and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
226. oldal - As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
248. oldal - I speak to them that know the law), how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth ? For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
279. oldal - Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles ; how much more their fulness...
468. oldal - I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
252. oldal - For that which I do I allow not : for what I would, that do I not ; but what I hate, that do I.
182. oldal - It is not the manner of the Romans to deliver any man to die, before that he which is accused have the accusers face to face, and have licence to answer for himself concerning the crime laid against him.