Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appears appointed Assembly attention authority become believe Bible Board called cause character chief Christ Christian church consider contained continued course Creeds death divine doctrine duty effect established eternal evidence existence express fact faith Father feel friends give given gospel Greek hand heart Holy hope human important influence interest John kind known land late learned leave less letter light live look Lord manner means meet ment mind minister missionaries nature never object passed persons prayer preaching Presbyterian present publick reason received regard religion religious remarks respect scripture seems seen Society speak spirit suppose taken thing thought tion true truth United verse whole wish writing
338. oldal - But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed then Eve. And Adam was not deceived ; but the woman, being deceived, was in the transgression ; notwithstanding she shall be saved in child-bearing, if they continue in faith, and charity, and holiness with sobriety.
104. oldal - And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season.
387. oldal - Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
99. oldal - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God ; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man; but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed.
127. oldal - O, how canst thou renounce the boundless store Of charms which Nature to her votary yields ! The warbling woodland, the resounding shore, The pomp of groves, and garniture of fields ; All that the genial ray of morning gilds, » And all that echoes to the song of even, All that the mountain's sheltering bosom shields, And all the dread magnificence of Heaven, O, how canst thou renounce^ and hope to be forgiven ! These charms shall work thy soul's eternal health, And love, and gentleness, and joy,...
389. oldal - Lord's will" and did it not,• " shall be beaten with many stripes, but he that knew not and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes.
559. oldal - Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven ; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
51. oldal - Adam the goodliest man of men since born His sons, the fairest of her daughters Eve.