Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Practical Works of Richard Baxter: With a Life of the Author and a ...
William Orme,Richard Baxter
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2013
appetite bear believe better blessed body carnal cast cause CHAPTER Christ Christian church command common consider creature danger death delight deny desire doth duty earth enemy evil eyes faith fear flesh follow friends give glory God's godly grace greater hands hath hear heart heaven hell holy honour hope idle impatience interest judge keep knowledge labour least leave less liberty light live look Lord matter means men's mind ministers nature necessary never opinions passion patience peace persons pleasing pleasure poor pray prayer pride prosperity proud reason rest rich rule salvation saved seek self-denial selfish sense servants serve shew sins soul speak Spirit stand suffer sure tell temptations things thou thoughts tion true truth turn understand wise wrong yourselves
414. oldal - And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
289. oldal - For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
366. oldal - If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory: but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
493. oldal - He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things ; and hath made of one blood all nations of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation : that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after Him, and find Him, though He be not far from every one of us...
348. oldal - If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning ! If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth ; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy...
493. oldal - God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness ; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them ; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead ; so that they are without excuse...
220. oldal - Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. "For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
367. oldal - Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith ; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.