Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Practical Works of Richard Baxter: With a Life of the Author and a ...
William Orme,Richard Baxter
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2013
able affections assurance believe better blessed body bring carnal cast cause Christ Christians church comfort command common conscience consider creature cross crucified cure danger dead death delight deny desire devil Direct doth doubt duty earth enemy expect eyes faith fall fear flesh friends further give given glory God's godly Gospel grace greater hand happiness hath hear heart heaven holy honour hope interest judge judgment keep labour least less light live look Lord matter means mind nature never obedience object peace pleasures poor present promise reason receive rest riches saith salvation seek sense shew sincerity sins soul speak Spirit stand suffer sure tell temptations things thou thoughts tion trouble true truth turn understand unto worldly yourselves
153. oldal - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey ; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness...
479. oldal - For it was not an enemy that reproached me ; Then I could have borne it : Neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me ; Then I would have hid myself from him : But it was thou, a man mine equal, My guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, And walked unto the house of God in company.
36. oldal - And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life ; and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son, hath life ; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
218. oldal - Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
183. oldal - Wash you, make you clean: put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
520. oldal - Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? Why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded ? 8 Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren.
cccxxxviii. oldal - Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten. Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire.
39. oldal - For verily he took not on him the nature of angels ; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren...
271. oldal - Meditate upon these things ; give thyself wholly to them ; that thy profiting may appear to all.