The Evidence of the Resurrection Cleared: From the Exceptions of a Late Pamphlet, Entitled, the Resurrection of Jesus Considered by a Moral Philosopher, in Answer to the Tryal of the Witnesses, &c
John and Henry Pemberton, 1744 - 164 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Evidence of the Resurrection Cleared from the Exceptions of a Late ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
Account againſt Angels Anſwer Apoſtles Appearance Argument Author becauſe believe Body Books called Caſe charge chief Prieſts Chriſt comes common Confiderer conſider contradict contrary Credit dead Death delivered Diſciples doubt Evangeliſts Evidence expected Fact fame fays Firſt Edit follow Galilee give given Goſpel Guard happened himſelf Hiſtory imagine impoſſible Inſtance itſelf Jeruſalem Jeſus Jews John King Kingdom knew known Lord Luke Manner Mark Mary Matter Matthew means Meeting mentioned Meſſage Miracles moſt muſt Nature never Objection Obſervation Opinion Order Perſon Peter Place Point Power pretended Prophecy prove Purpoſe Queſtion Reader Reaſon received referred Relation Reſurrection riſe ſaid ſame ſaw ſays ſee ſeems Senſe Sepulchre ſhall ſhew ſhould ſome Spices ſtand Story ſuch ſuppoſe taken tell temporal themſelves theſe Things Third Edit thoſe thought told true Truth Tryal underſtand unto uſed Witneſſes Women World Writers
95. oldal - Now upon the' first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
94. oldal - And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.
97. oldal - It was Mary Magdalene, and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. 11 And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not.
96. oldal - Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils. 10 And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
40. oldal - And all the people that came together to that sight, beholding the things which were done, smote their breasts, and returned.
96. oldal - And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying ; All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him. Then said Jesus unto them ; Be not afraid ; go, tell my brethren, that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
141. oldal - Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.
97. oldal - He is not here, but is risen : remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, 7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
95. oldal - And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead ? 6 He is not here, but is risen.
94. oldal - And he saith unto them, Be not affrighted: Ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen; he is not here: behold the place where they laid him. 7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you.