Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acres Alsace-Lorraine amounted annual annum appointed armour army artillery Austria Austria-Hungary battalions Bavaria Belgium births bishops born April born July Britain British cavalry census census of December cent Chamber Church civil list Colonies commerce Constitution Consul Council Crown deaths Denmark deputies direct taxes districts Duke elected electors emigrants Emperor Empire England and Wales English square miles exports females Finance Finland Foreign France Friedrich Germany Government Grand-duke guilders guns H.M.'s Secretaries House Hungary Imperial imports income increase infantry inhabitants Ireland ironclads Islands January King land loan London males March March 31 married military millions milreis Minister Ministry navy Netherlands officers Paris Portugal Possessions Prince Princess Protestants provinces public debt railways receipts regiments reigning Reports of H.M.'s revenue and expenditure Roman Catholic Russia schools Scotland ships sovereign square miles steamers surplus taxes telegraph tons total number towns Trade United Kingdom vessels vote Wilhelm Württemberg
624. oldal - No Senator or Representative shall, during the time for which he shall have been elected, be appointed to any civil office of profit under this state, which shall have been created, or the emoluments of which shall have been increased during such term, except such offices as may be filled by elections by the people.
200. oldal - Queen has granted to her an annual allowance of 385, 0001. 'for the support of Her Majesty's household, and of the honour and dignity of the Crown of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
496. oldal - In return, his Imperial Majesty the Sultan promises to England to introduce necessary reforms, to be agreed upon later between the two Powers, into the Government and for the protection of the Christian and other subjects of the Porte in these territories ; and in order to enable England to make necessary provision for executing her engagement, his Imperial Majesty the Sultan further consents to assign the Island of Cyprus to be occupied and administered by England.
619. oldal - The president is commander-in-chief of the army and navy, and of the militia in the service of the Union. He has the power of a veto on all laws passed by Congress; but notwithstanding his veto, any bill may become a law on its afterwards being passed by twothirds of both Houses of Congress.
742. oldal - The board of civil appointments, which takes cognisance of the conduct and administration of all civil officers; 2. The board of revenues, regulating all financial affairs; 3. The board of rites and ceremonies, which enforces the laws and customs to be observed by the people ; 4. The military board, superintending the administration of the army ; 5. The board of public works ; and 6. The high tribunal of criminal jurisdiction. Independent of the Government, and theoretically above the central administration,...
105. oldal - ... battalion of pioneers are attached. The corps d'armee is considered a unit which is independent in itself, and includes not only troops of all three arms, but a portion of all the stores and appliances which are required by a whole army. Each corps d'armee consists of two divisions of infantry, a cavalry division of four regiments, with two horse-artillery batteries attached, besides the two cavalry regiments attached to the infantry divisions, and a reserve of artillery of six field batteries...
554. oldal - Statistical Abstract for the several Colonial and other Possessions of the United Kingdom in each year, from 1852 to 1865.
655. oldal - The president is assisted in his executive functions by a Council of State, and a ministry, divided into four departments, namely...
118. oldal - Wahlmann,' is elected from every complete number of 250 souls. The indirect electors are divided into three classes, according to the respective amount of direct taxes paid by each ; arranged in such manner, that each category pays one-third of the whole amount of direct taxes levied on the whole. The first category consist of all electors who pay the highest taxes to the amount of onethird of the whole. The second, of those who pay the next highest amount down to the limits of the second third....