A Treatise on Church Government: Formerly Called Anarchy of the Ranters, &c., Being a Two-fold Apology for the Church and People of God, Called in Derision Quakers. To which is Added An Epistle to the National Meeting of Friends in Dublin, Concerning Good Order and Discipline in the Church
S. W. Conrad, 1822 - 124 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according accounted Acts already answer apostle appear appoint assembly authority believe body brethren bring brought called cause certain Christian Church of Christ clear command concerned condemn conscience consider contrary deny difference discipline divers doctrine doth doubt elders evil exercised faith fall fear follow forbearance Friends gathered gave gifts give given gospel ground hand hath hear hearts hold holy infallible Jesus Christ judge judgment keep lead less liberty Lord matter meetings ment mentioned mind moved nature never obey observe occasion order and government otherwise outward particular Paul persons positive practices pretend principles proceed prove reason received reprove respect saints scrip scriptures Secondly sense speak Spirit stand submit suffer supposed testimony things Thirdly tion true truly truth unity unto verse watch weak whole wrong
66. oldal - And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
66. oldal - To another the working of miracles ; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits ; to another divers kinds of tongues ; to another the interpretation of tongues : 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as h,e will.
60. oldal - Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded : and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
25. oldal - Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. 8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
67. oldal - God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.
18. oldal - And the word of God increased ; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
66. oldal - For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit...
75. oldal - For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving. For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
103. oldal - What could have been done more to my vineyard, That I have not done in it? Wherefore, when I looked that it should bring forth grapes, Brought it forth wild grapes?