Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
America appears authority beautiful become beginning believe better blood body called cause character Christ Christian church claim comes common course divine doctrine dollars doubt earth equal eternal existence expression eyes fact faith Father feel follow force France give hand heart heaven hold hope human hundred idea individual inspiration interest Jesus kind labor land less light live look matter means mind moral nature never once organ perfect persons political poor present principles progress question race reason regard religion religious represented respect seems sense society soul speak spirit stand things thou thought thousand tion true truth turn universal whole woman women worship write
719. oldal - Thammuz came next behind, Whose annual wound in Lebanon allured The Syrian damsels to lament his fate In amorous ditties all a summer's day, While smooth Adonis from his native rock Ran purple to the sea, supposed with blood Of Thammuz yearly wounded...
93. oldal - Not every one that saith unto me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name, and in thy name cast out devils, and in thy name done many wonderful works?" And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
718. oldal - Adjoined, from each thing met conceives delight The smell of grain, or tedded grass, or kine, Or dairy, each rural sight, each rural sound...
716. oldal - As, when far off at sea, a fleet descried Hangs in the clouds, by equinoctial winds Close sailing from Bengala, or the isles Of Ternate and Tidore, whence merchants bring Their spicy drugs; they, on the trading flood, Through the wide Ethiopian to the Cape, Ply stemming nightly toward the pole : so seem'd Far off the flying fiend.
217. oldal - Go your way and tell John what things ye have seen and heard : the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up...
297. oldal - He that has light within his own clear breast, May sit i' the centre, and enjoy bright day : But he, that hides a dark soul and foul thoughts, Benighted walks under the mid-day sun ; Himself is his own dungeon.
174. oldal - If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost ; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
284. oldal - I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them that despitefully use you, and persecute you; that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
216. oldal - I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
718. oldal - But who is this? what thing of sea or land — Female of sex it seems — That so bedecked, ornate, and gay, Comes this way sailing Like a stately ship Of Tarsus, bound for the isles Of Javan or Gadire, With all her bravery on, and tackle trim, Sails filled, and streamers waving...