actions affections angels appear attended become believe better blessed body cause Christ Christian commandments conscience consider continual corrupt covenant creatures danger darkness death depend desire devil divine duty enemy eternal evil eyes faith fall Father fear follow force give given glory God's greater habit hand happiness hath heart heaven holy honour hope human ignorant infinite judge judgment kind knowledge least less liberty light lives look Lord Master means mind misery nature necessary never object ourselves passions peace persons pleasure practice present pride principles promise punishment reason receive religion repentance respect Saviour Scripture sense serve shew sins sort soul speak Spirit stand strength suffer sufficient sure things thou thoughts tion true truth turn understanding unto vice virtue whole wicked wisdom
211. oldal - They did promise and vow three things in my name. First, that I should renounce the devil and all his works, the pomps and vanities of this wicked world, and all the sinful lusts of the flesh.
75. oldal - But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
6. oldal - How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost, and with power ; who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil ; for God was with him.
474. oldal - The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.
483. oldal - The LORD will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies. 3 The LORD will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing: thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness.
372. oldal - Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
66. oldal - Thou shalt not make to thyself any graven image, nor the likeness of any thing that is in heaven above; or in the earth beneath, or in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down to them, nor worship them.
460. oldal - God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; and base things of the world, and things which are despised hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in his presence.