A Scripture Account of the Faith and Practice of Christians: Consisting of an Extensive Collection of Pertinent Texts of Scripture, Given at Large, Upon the Various Articles of Revealed Religion; Reduced Into Distinct Sections ... The Whole Forming a Complete Concordance to All the Articles of Faith and Practice Taught in the Holy Scriptures
Published and sold by D. Hogan, 1807 - 506 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according Acts angel believe Blessed blood called cast Chron commandments covenant David death deliver Deut devil doth earth enemies evil Exod eyes Ezek faith Father fear give given glory God's grace hand hath hear heart heaven holy Holy Ghost hope iniquity Israel John judge judgment keep kindness kingdom Kings land light live Lord Jesus Christ Luke Mark Matt mercy peace praise pray promised Prov receive righteousness saith the Lord salvation servant shew sins soul Spirit strength thee Thess thine things thou art thou hast thou shalt truth turn unto viii walk waters wicked wisdom wrath xvii xviii xxii xxiv xxvi xxxi xxxiii
453. oldal - Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do : and behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
75. oldal - Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him ? But ye have despised the poor.
15. oldal - Thine, O Lord, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty : for all that is in the heaven, and in the earth is thine ; thine is the kingdom, O Lord, and thou art exalted as head above all.
331. oldal - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, From doing thy pleasure on my holy day ; And call the sabbath a delight, The holy of the Lord, honourable; And shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, Nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shalt thou delight thyself in the Lord...
371. oldal - Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
482. oldal - Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
209. oldal - Although the fig-tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines ; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat ; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls : Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
168. oldal - As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord ; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.
114. oldal - Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
255. oldal - If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shalt honor him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words; Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD...